Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Birthday

Before I get into "it", let me say this.
Happy Birthday Fritz.
Happy Birthday CD.

Two people I know celebrate their birthday today.
One is family another is a friend.
It's very weird but they are the two people I see quite a bit, inhabiting part of my world and born on the same day. May be you are both guardian angels.
:)

I love birthdays. Did I ever tell you that?
I love that people come together to celebrate you.
Your life. That you exist.
I find it very uplifting. Very powerful.
It's not so much the age. It's more of the life you have lived.

I had a discussion once with CD about birthdays.
Is it just a milestone? Is it just a chance to show off?
Why make all this people come and say nice things about you?
Buy you presents? What does it matter?

We didn't come to a conclusion (that is the lovely thing about discussions)
But I kinda established what I think about birthdays through that discussion
(apart that I love them so much).

I have decided that birthdays are a focus point.
The point where everyone you know and love (as well as them pesky colleagues) focus their energies on you. Just by wishing you happy birthday they send you tremendous vibes and blessings. By spending time with you, by deciding on a present, having a meal together etc. Of course you will argue you can do that everyday. True true but it's the one day when everybodies energy is focussed on you. Even if it's just for a brief moment.
I think it is tremendously and fantastically powerful.

So that's my recent thought on birthdays.

If I had to choose a day,
When the mysteries of the universe were to be revealed,
If I had to choose a day,
When God would answer my questions,
And smile fervently at me,
I'd choose my birthday.

If I had to make a whole tray of chocolate chip cookies,
And roast a chicken, a pheasant and a leg of lamb,
And whisk the eggs whites till they were stiff in the bowl,
I'd choose my birthday.

If I had to choose a day to smile on sun and say I'm happy,
To wake up in the morning with a spring in my step,
To have to wash my hair and blow it dry
And all the while think how happy and lucky I am,
I'd choose my birthday.

If I could choose the day I'd die,
I'd choose my birhtday.

Why? Then the circle would be complete.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home